Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions of apply to all Guests and members of their party (including day visitors) and it is the responsibility of the person making the booking to ensure that all members their party understand and comply with the obligations set out within them.
Section 1 – Booking
Bookings can only be made by persons over the age of 18. When you submit a booking online, you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by e-mail to the e-mail address you provide on the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract only arises when your booking is subsequently confirmed by e-mail following payment of a deposit. Please ensure the details are correct and advise us immediately if there are any errors.
Section 2 – Children
- Children are accepted in Trail View and The Farriers – please note, stairgates are not provided. High chairs and Travel Cots are available on request. Please email or state on your booking form when booking.
- Please note, the patio garden and grassed area located behind Trail View is open plan and children should be supervised at all times when the area is accessed.
Section 3 – Multiple Properties
- When more than one cottage is booked, we reserve the right to charge a deposit/ bond of £300.00 against any damage that may arise, and asked that any items of furniture or equipment moved from one cottage to another are returned to their rightful place at the end of the holiday stay.
- The price for a holiday or short break is taken from the price range in place on the date of the start of the holiday and applies from the date of the start of the holiday even if the letting duration spans a published pricing change. Short breaks are either Friday to Monday or Monday to Friday.
Section 4 – Payment
- To secure your booking, we require a deposit of 25% minimum of £150.00 with the balance payable six weeks before the start of your holiday. If booking within six weeks of arrival the whole cost is payable on booking. Please note, you may lose your booking and deposit if the full balance is not received by the due date.
- Please note, there is an additional charge of £20.00 which will be added to your booking if the payment is received from an international destination.
- Our preferred method of payment is by BACS bank transfer. We also accept credit/debit card payments. Prices are inclusive of VAT.
Section 5 – Price Includes
The price includes all reasonable heating and electricity costs, bed linen, basic cleaning materials and an initial supply of washing up liquid and dishwasher tablets. Should you require any further amenities, then please state at the time of paying for your holiday. E.g., Cot or Highchair
Please note: We do not provide towels in the cottages.
Section 6 – Cancellation
a. To confirm a booking, a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the overall fee is payable to secure the reservation of each cottage.
b. The balance must be paid no later than six weeks before arrival.
c. You may not under any circumstances transfer your booking to anyone else without prior consent.
d. In the unlikely event of your accommodation becoming unavailable due to circumstances outside our control, every effort will be made to provide alternative accommodation at Croft Farm Holiday Cottages or alternatively, a complete refund will be paid including the deposit. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
e. The Owners do not accept responsibility for breakdown in public or local supplies, including water or electricity, nor any claims against inconvenience caused by such incidences, or by building works, repairs, that may be deemed as necessary. In the case of any breakdowns Guests are asked to notify the Owners, immediately. We will endeavour, in conjunction with the service company concerned, to correct the fault as soon as possible.
f. In the event of a national or local disease epidemic, whether human or animal, the Owners reserve the right to cancel any booking at any time. In such cases, a full refund will be given.
g. The Owners remain the right to repossess the holiday accommodation if it is reasonably believed that any damage has been caused. No refunds will be given in these circumstances.
h. Any complaints must be made known to the Owners immediately. No complaints will be entertained after the guest has departed.
Section 7 – Covid 19
a. In accordance to the above cancellation terms, if either the lead person on the booking or Croft Farm Holiday Cottages is placed under additional Covid-19 related restrictions, or a member of the party/ family receives official notice to self-isolate (NB Official evidence will be required). However, there will be an option for the Guest to move the holiday/ booking to a new date. Please note, should the Guest wish to move the booking to a higher season that originally planned, additional costs will be incurred.
b. Whilst everything possible has been done to ensure guests have a carefree holiday, no liability will be held against Croft Farm Holidays if clients become ill during their stay or thereafter visiting the area. Please note, if the guests become ill whilst staying in the accommodation and cannot return home, additional charges for the cottage will be incurred.
For cancellations our refund amounts are as follows;
- Cancellation of 15-21 days prior to your holiday start date, we would refund you 30% of total cost
- Cancellation of 22-28 days prior to your holiday start date, we would refund you 40% of total cost
- Cancellation of 29-35 days prior to your holiday start date, we would refund you 50% of total cost
- Cancellation of 36-49 days prior to your holiday start date, we would refund you 60% of total cost
- Cancellation of more than 7 weeks prior to your holiday start date, there is an option to transfer the deposit to a new date. Otherwise, the deposit is non-refundable unless Covid -19 related, in which case evidence will be required.
Please note, for administration purposes, refunds will be made within 3 working days.
Section 8 – Arrival
- The cottage will be available from 16:00pm on the day of the Guests arrival.
- The shared courtyard area may only be used for the ease of unloading and loading luggage.
- Please ensure that any vehicles used is parked in the car parking area on the approach on the cottages at all other times. We ask Guests to reverse park for safety reasons. Please do not park under the covered garage area as this is private parking.
Section 9 – Departure
Please be sure to vacate the accommodation by 9:30am on the day of departure to allow time to be made for the next set of guests.
Section 10 – Number of Guests
- The number of guests occupying the cottage overnight must not exceed the maximum occupancy stated for that cottage.
- The Owners reserve the right to terminate the stay of any Guest if these conditions are not observed or their conduct is likely to impair the enjoyment, comfort or safety of other guests or staff. Please note, no refunds will be given in these circumstances.
Section 11 – Access to the Cottages
We reserve the right of reasonable access to the cottages at all time but, where possible we would advise you in advance if access is required.
Section 12 – Damages, Breakages and Cleaning
- We do not accept any responsibility/ liability for loss, injury damage or to guests’ personal effects or property or expenses of any kind sustained by any member of the holiday maker party. Also, to any connection to the holiday or accommodation whilst staying at Croft Farm Holiday Cottages.
- Please take care of the accommodation you are staying in. You are responsible and liable for any breakages, damages or excessive cleaning which you cause to the accommodation or its contents.
- Please report any damage, breakages or repairs to the Owners as soon as possible.
- Should the damage be minor, we may not charge you. However, we do reserve the right to charge you for replacement or repair if the damage or breakage is significant.
- Please note, that consequential costs may be incurred where it is not possible to repair or clean the cottage prior to arrival of the next guest who subsequently demands compensation from us.
Section 13 – Smoking
Please note that Croft Farm Holiday Cottages operates a strict no smoking policy and smoking is not allowed within the cottages. We reserve the right to seek compensation (including consequential loss) for any damage and additional costs of cleaning. Consequential costs starting at £350.00 may be incurred where possible to remove the smell of smoke from a cottage prior to the arrival of the next guest.
Section 14 – Fuel Surcharge
- We reserve the right to introduce a “Fuel Surcharge” per cottage if our utility costs increase by more than 20% over the year period. The level of the “Surcharge” will be at cost and only introduced if our cots increase by 20% over that of those in the October of the previous year (that being the date when the original prices were set).
- Any existing bookings will be notified of the actual increase 6 weeks prior to arrival and will have a “no cost” cancellation option (i.e., the booking deposit will be returned).
- Anyone booking after a Surcharge has been applied will be notified of the surcharge amount when booking.
- The all-inclusive costs are based on “reasonable” usage of the heating and electricity during your stay. We reserve the right to charge for “unreasonable” usage. Charges will be made at current electricity prices plus a £10.00 administration fee. An example of “unreasonable usage” would be where a guest has turned the heating up to a higher than programmed setting and then gone out for the day, or has the heating setting to a higher than programmed setting throughout the night.
Section 15 – Site Safety
- Please ensure that children are not allowed to wander around the farm unsupervised.
- Please do not allow children to climb on the stone walls, gates and fences.
- All farm buildings are strictly out of bounds.
- The land at Croft Farm is farmed by heavy machinery and as such, can be very dangerous, please watch out for tractors and other heavy machinery which use the access roads and give way to them at all times.
- The Owners retain the right to conduct either of their business activities freely and shall not be liable for if any convenience is caused.
Section 16 – Mobile Phones
Mobile phone signal is variable between service providers and in different locations at Croft Farm. You may be able to get signal on the driveway if not within the property.
Section 17 – Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi is available but we reserve the right to with draw. Those using Wi-Fi must agree to sign the Wi-Fi terms and conditions. Please email email@example.com for a copy.
Section 18 – The Cycle Barn
The Cycle Barn offers covered storage of cycles overnight for our guests. We provide bicycle racks affixed to the property and ask that guests use their own cycle locks to secure their cycles to them. We cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage to guest’s cycles or property whilst at Croft Farm. Please note, there are no medical facilities on site.
Section 19 – Your Holiday
We want you to enjoy your stay with us. If there are any problems with the standard of your accommodation, please contact us at the time the problem occurs. Complaints will not be entertained after the end of the hiring period or after the Guest has departed.
Section 20 – Changes to our Terms and Conditions
Our Terms and Conditions are subject to periodic change and so we suggest that you print a copy for your reference. If our Terms and Conditions change, and, in unlikely event that a dispute arises, we will honour the version in operation at the time of your initial booking.
Section 21 – Lost Property
Any lost property will be stored for 4 weeks only. If the property is not claimed the items will be donated to the local charity shop. In the event of returning to the owner by post/ courier, this will be charged beforehand.